Golden has been an active member of the Ecological Landscaping Association (ELA) since 2002. Founded in 1992, the non-profit advocates for environmentally responsible stewardship of land and natural resources in landscaping and horticultural practices of both professionals and the public. Through education, collaboration, and networking, ELA promotes the design, installation, and maintenance of landscapes that are guided by a knowledge of and respect for natural ecosystems.
As a participating ELA community member, Golden:
- Believes in using landscaping practices that are environmentally safe;
- Believes that natural systems are the best guide for learning how to develop and maintain healthy landscapes;
- Values landscaping methods that are based upon scientific studies and practical experience;
- Is committed to educating himself and others about ecological landscaping methods; and
- Believes that a network of dedicated people can be a powerful agent for change.
Talk to Golden if you’d like to know more. Or, check out the ELA website.